Piece Small Decommissioning
Shetland’s many advantages to the oil and gas industry include its adaptability in the scope of contracts it can handle. The facility is designed to accommodate piece small projects, as well as piece large.
Piece small operations mean that the structures are decommissioned offshore and shipped into shore via supply vessels for further processing segregation and waste management.
The Greenhead facility proved its capability for piece small projects serving as the forward base to meet the logistics and the decommissioning needs of Total’s Frigg Cessation project and Aker Solutions piece-small decommissioning operations for MCP-01 platform.
Services available through Greenhead base include:
- Onshore Supply base services
- Cranage & Transport
- Vessel Agency
- Materials control
- Procurement and container packing
- Ships Stores & Consumables
- Repair / Maintenance
- Testing and Re-certification
- Lifting gear
- Gas and Bulk Fuels
- Package and disposal of hazardous wastes
- Inspection of materials
- Segregate material streams
- Processing into transport sizes
- Stockpiling and load-out
- Waste Management
- Maintain environmental accounting