Engineering and Other Services
Contractors and stakeholders of the Shetland Decommissioning Consortium have been involved in the decommissioning market from 2000 and earlier.
Numerous study works have been investigated and performed in this time, including both internal studies for project efficiencies and external studies for FEED (Front End Engineering & Design) . Lead contractors also work directly for clients on a consultancy basis.
Study works have included:
- Receipt & decommissioning of topsides as Single-lift
- Receipt & decommissioning of topside modules via multiple barges
- Receipt & decommissioning of topside modules via heavy-lift vessel / shear-leg
- Receipt & decommissioning of Steel jackets
- Receipt & decommissioning of Sub-sea materials and equipment
- Receipt & decommissioning of Piece-small / Piece-medium materials
In all cases, these studies were tailored to the client’s requirements, the resources available and investigated the following:
- Infrastructure & service requirements
- Quayside and ground capacities
- Decontamination, dismantling and disposal requirements
- Optimisation of waste routes to maximise re-use / recycling opportunities.